Build a company and compete in teams to launch & scale your startup the fastest.
In teams, you’ll take an idea from its inception to a (hopefully) successful startup!
How to Win:
- Each startup begins with $2M.
- Compete in activities to win cash.
- Each round we’ll run a poll to vote on winners. The more votes you get, the more cash your startup earns. Each vote equates to $1M in the “Cash” column.
The team that finishes the game with the most Cash wins the gold! 🏆
Idea & Team
Choose an Idea from the list below
Come up with your Startup’s Name
Assign Roles for each team member
- Add all of these to your startup’s row on the Scoreboard
Bonus: Come up with new titles (ex. “Chief Meme Lord”, “Sales Wizard”)
Tip: Have someone keep this page open so they can read the instructions out loud when needed
Choose An Idea
- The Uber of space travel
- An extreme sports league for the elderly
- An energy drink in popsicle form
- A robot-operated fast food restaurant
- A squirrel-proof bird feeder
- A dating app for pets
- A Segway for off-roading
- A VR potty-training app
- Windshield wipers for your glasses
- A social media app for baby influencers
- Come up with your own idea (just keep it silly and safe for work)
Choose Your Roles
- CEO: The fearless leader and visionary
- Sales: The smooth talkin’ deal-makers
- Marketing: The creative masterminds with a knack for branding and content
- Project Manager: Sharing screen, managing scoreboard, and keeping time. No public speaking required.
Minimum Viable Product
1. Make a copy of this pitch deck:
2. Fill it in with your startup’s:
- Logo* & Company Name
- Problem that you’re solving
- Solution & Elevator pitch
- Mission Statement (optional)
3. Add a link to your pitch deck to the scoreboard.
Time to Raise Funding!
1 Vote = $1M in funding
Deal or No Deal
- Pitch a partnership/sale to another startup in under 60 seconds
- Explain why a partnership/sale will benefit the other startup
- Your prospect will raise objections
- You have 30 seconds to counter those objections
- After hearing the other startup’s proposal, respond with an objection. Explain why you don’t want this partnership/sale to happen.
- Who on your team will play the influencer?
- What’s their name?
- Platform? (TikTok, Twitter, talk radio, etc)
- Audience? (gamer moms, teenage Olympians…)
- Schtick? (NFT dealer, van-lifer, latte artist, etc.)
- What gripe do they have with the defending startup? (a product flaw, ethical concern, or edgy scandal, etc)
- List ways you could respond to any possible attacks
- Decide who (in Marketing) will defend the brand
- Evaluate potential holes in your product
- CEO: Introduce your company
- Influencer: Tell us who you are and explain your gripe with the defending startup
- CEO: Respond to the complaints and salvage your brand’s public standing
We’ll run a poll after each exchange.
The winning team gets $1M per vote 💸